Estate planning can involve many interrelated and potentially complex issues. We provide advice on the mitigation of inheritance tax for UK domiciled individuals or non-domiciled individuals with assets in the UK.
- Advising on inheritance tax matters.
- Coordinating estate duty advice from other jurisdictions.
- Assisting in the planning required to make lifetime gifts, whether out of income or capital.
- Coordinating the drafting of tax wills efficient wills that ensure that you benefit the people you want to benefit.
- Ensuring efficient use of the spouse exemption and transferable nil rate bands.
- Ensuring that you qualify for any available reliefs or exemptions, such as business property relief or agricultural property relief.
- If you are not domiciled in the UK, establishing trusts to protect your foreign assets from inheritance tax as you approach 16 years of presence in the UK.
- Facilitating the establishment of trusts.
- Advising on and coordinating trust reorganisations.
We can ensure that your inheritance tax issues are addressed comprehensively and effectively.